Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating Snowflake Views Using Alteryx

derreck0218
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a way to create Snowflake Views with the Alteryx Snowflake Connector?  Can Views rather than  Tables be created using the Alteryx environment? Has anyone had any success doing this?  I would assume an approach would involve writing a custom script? Can anyone with any experience with this please advise.

Information on Views from Snowflake:

https://docs.snowflake.com/en/user-guide/views-introduction.html

4 REPLIES 4
soccertil1108
8 - Asteroid

do you want Alteryx to generate syntax to create a view in your database or do you want a view-type widget in Alteryx that you don't have to code each time or do you want to use a database view in Alteryx?

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @derreck0218 

You cannot create a view natively on Alteryx. There is this idea you can vote for : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/In-DB-Create-View/idi-p/157886

However, I have a macro that is capable of creating a view. Here a screenshot :

simonaubert_bd_0-1657444055637.png
The dummy table is just a table with one colun and nothing more.

Best regards,

Simon

apathetichell
19 - Altair

This ties into a bigger issue - more granular level control of DDL. It would be great if we could this directly In-DB - perhaps something like a code/SQL editor in Datastream-In/Write In-DB.

derreck0218
6 - Meteoroid

Either to generate the syntax to create a View in the database schema or to your latter point using the In-DB tool to create the View rather than Table.  In terms of using a View, I have been able to see those and use those to query.  Part of the issue is that I also want to create a View on top of View.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels