Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating 2 Pivot Tables(different filters) and comparing them to get an total count

SR
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am trying to build the following in altreyx and not sure if it can be done.

I have attached an excel with raw data set and the 2 pivot tables i need and the final outcome.

the goal is from one data set to create 2 pivot tables which are calculated using different set of filters and count distinct on IDs.

in the final comparison , i want to look at both the tables created and count the unique IDs to get overall count. can this be done in this tool?

Thanks

Sr

4 REPLIES 4
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @SR! I may be reading your question wrong, but because the criteria of 'Diverse=yes and Hired=Yes' (Table 1) is a subset of just 'Diverse=Yes' (Table 2), could you just add a Filter tool after your input that says 

[Diverse] = "Yes"

then use a Summarize tool to group by ID? Then, you could add a Count Records tool if you wanted to get the count of all the unique ID's.

compare different filters.PNG

SR
8 - Asteroid

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply, you are correct in that diverse = Yes applies as a filter for both tables. However Hired = 'Yes' only apply to table 1. while table 2 has a different filter based on count(candidate id) >1. maybe i need to create 2 flows and join them for the compare of unqiue counts (table 1+ 2).

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@SR My apologies, I did not see the >1 stipulation the first time. See if the attached workflow is what you're looking for.

SR
8 - Asteroid

thank you so much this was perfect.Amazing.

Labels