Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Counting value occurrences in a column and take the most frequent occurred value

HungCuong_HCM
7 - Meteor

Hi guys, 

I am trying to count the value of date occurrence for each client name and take the most frequent occurred values. If the occurrences number is the same then can take the earlier date. Basically, the year 2020 will be in the Interim column and 2021 will be in Final column. 

I have attached the file and image of input and output below. 

Thanks so much for your help in advance!

HungCuong_HCM_0-1605518558839.png

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @HungCuong_HCM 

Here is a workflow for the task.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1605520472233.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1605519827764.png

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @HungCuong_HCM,

This is the perfect use case for a summarise tool, you'll want to create three actions.

(1) Group By - [Client Name]

(2) Min - [Start Date]

(3) Max - [Start Date]

The group by action will create a unique list of each of your "Client Names", whilst the Min and Max actions will extract the start and end dates for each of those client names.

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1605520009967.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've also attached my workflow for you to download if needed!

Regards,

Jonathan

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @HungCuong_HCM 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

HungCuong_HCM
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much! It solved all of my requirements. 🙂

HungCuong_HCM
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your answer! There are a few additional requirements in my exercises too. Anw another person has the solution for me. Thanks! 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @HungCuong_HCM 

If you have additional requirement apart from the above posted. Feel free to post the requirements will try to help as best as possible 🙂

Labels