Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Copy/Paste within same workflow takes a long time

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Hi,

This has been happening with all my larger WFs that take a long time to run.  It seems like when I copy a comment or connector in a WF and paste it into the same WF Alteryx seems like it is validating the entire WF before pasting and it appears like Alteryx is actually crashing(Not Responding).  This obviously happens when I also try copying from a different WF and pasting it into the larger WF.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix?  Some of these take ~1 hour to run so waiting for pasting is very unproductive.

EDIT:  This also occurs when I add a container and then disable it.

TIA

16 REPLIES 16
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@BonusCup 

I would recommend reaching out to support@alteryx.com 

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@BonusCup 

Are you able to send over a packaged workflow with maybe fake data (can remove any sensitive information) so I can test the workflow to see if I am having the same issue also?

Options --> Export workflow.. --> export the package in Designer

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Unfortunately not without a lot of cleanup.  The ones I'm having issues with are using python scripts using the adobe API and Smartsheet API.  It is the Adobe API that makes for the long runtime/validation time.  I'll have to try the support team.  Thanks for your help on this.

PhaniV
8 - Asteroid

Im experiencing the same issue. such a nightmare.

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

@PhaniV if you find a way to resolve it please share.  Even working with the support team I wasn't able to get it fixed.  Good luck

PhaniV
8 - Asteroid

Hi @BonusCup I have found a workaround that worked for me.

Every time Alteryx goes to not responding mode, this is what i do I open task manager and end just one time in Alteryx Designer, see screenshot. At times there are more than one such item. As soon as i highlight and end it, Alteryx responds right away and I am able to continue my work. This has been my savior. hope it works for you.

image (1).png

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

@PhaniV thanks!  I'll give that a shot next time.

Labels