Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convery excel input into Word file

GosiaK
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

I know usually it's the other way around but need to convert excel input into a word file. Would there be a way to do this in Alteryx without affecting the formatting of the tables?

6 REPLIES 6
trsali
Alteryx
Alteryx

@GosiaK You can use the render tool to export to a word doc

If this reply helped, please mark as the solution :)

trsali_0-1669819645651.png

GosiaK
7 - Meteor

@trsali I've tried this as a first resort, but this approach changes the layout of the information by forcing it into a table. In the meantime I've converted Excel to pdf and then to Word, but I'm curious if there would be a solution for it in Alteryx to ensure the layout and formatting is not affected.

Par_O
Alteryx
Alteryx

@GosiaK , How do you want the layout of the table to look? You can edit the table properties in the "Basic Table" tool to match most looks. Have you tried using the "Width", "Alignment (H)", "Borders", and other configurations?

Par_O_0-1669821343912.png

GosiaK
7 - Meteor

@Par_O the information included in excel is mixture of text and tables, so you would have a paragraph of two of text then a breakdown in table format and then another section of text.

Par_O
Alteryx
Alteryx

@GosiaK This can be achieved by using the "Report Text" tool (for your paragraphs of text) in parallel with the "Table" tool (for your tables of data). You would then use the "Union" tool to bring the paragraphs and tables together and the "Layout" tool to organize the location and order of paragraphs and tables. The interactive lessons on Reporting is a good place to find more information (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Reporting%...)

GosiaK
7 - Meteor

Hi @Par_O , I was hoping someone would know a magic trick to do it in one go, as solution you've proposed will be time consuming, but it should work, which is the main think. Thanks

Labels