Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert unstructured data from rows to sorted columns

jhosmer002
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am looking to create a workflow that creates a table of organized data into columns from unstructured data. It is a list of individuals and various information about them all in one row. As you scroll down, you will see that there is a second individual with their data all in one row. 

How to I move this data from one row into the various columns using Alteryx? 

The file of the data is attached for reference, and happy to chat more. Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I assumed that fields beginning with "Profile result -" indicated that a new record was starting. Check out the example solution attached to this post and let me know that works for you. 

ProfileColumns.png 

kat
12 - Quasar

Hi @jhosmer002

Here's something to get you started. 

change to columns.PNG

Cheers

Kat

jhosmer002
7 - Meteor

Thanks so much! There was another solution that worked better, but I will be saving this for the future. 

jhosmer002
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate your time and assistance :) 

jhosmer002
7 - Meteor

@kat If I wanted to obtain more assistance with this workflow, is there a way to receive 1:1 help in the community? Thank you! 

kat
12 - Quasar

@jhosmer002, you can always keep asking and I'm sure someone will keep getting back to you :)

if not, you can reach out to Alteryx support (support@alteryx.com)

Labels