Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert Workflow into Macro & run on all files present in a folder

Chirag_KRCPL
8 - Asteroid

May data always comes in multiple ".txt " files as below:

File 1                                                  File 2                                               File 3

Capture.PNG Capture 2.PNG Capture 3.PNG

Desired output is required in excel as follows:
 Desired Outcome.PNG

Now I do this exercise each day and all the kindly note that all the ".txt" files are stored in one single folder for that day.

Now each day, the number of these ".txt" files changes. So it might be the case that on day 1, number of ".txt" files are 3, on day 2 the number of ".txt" files are 8, on day 3 its just 1 & so on.

I want to create a workflow that is dynamic enough such that it is able to give me the desired output (as shared in above snip) based on dynamic number of ".txt" files that I have for that particular day.

Can anyone please help me with this workflow? 

I have also attached the sample ".txt" files.

Thanking in Advance!

Chirag   

1 REPLY 1
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Chirag_KRCPL 

This is fairly simple and makes use of a wildcard input instead of needing to turn into a Batch Macro:

Capture.PNG

You will need to input as a csv file format, with delimiter type of '|' and start importing data on line 7. It should handle any number of files as long as the format/layout is identical

Workflow attached

Labels