Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Convert File Image to PDF

thelastmurphy
5 - Atom

Hey Guys,

I am needing help in Alteryx Designer, as I am trying to convert an HTML file into a PDF while retaining the images and formatting of the HTML. 

Normally, I would open an HTML file and convert to PDF, but I am trying to use Alteryx instead. I tried importing the HTML file as a CSV, but this will clear all formatting and images. I essentially just need an alteryx input tool that will screenshot the file and output as a PDF file.

Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Luke_C
17 - Castor

I'm not aware of any tool that would do this outside of coding something in the Python tool. Something like Power Automate might be a better option.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @thelastmurphy - You may use a Run Command tool, which will basically automate your manual job. I attached an example of "save as" for Excel. This workflow save xlsb files as xlsx. 

aduval
6 - Meteoroid

Hey @thelastmurphy 

Were you able to get this working? I have a similar use case and am trying to determine my options.

Thanks,

Labels