Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ConvError: Formula (~): DATETIMEADD: "~~~" is not a valid DateTime

dandev91
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a workflow that uses the following formulas in 3 separate formula tools (ease in debugging):

EARLY:

IF DateTimeParse([ACTUALTTIME],'%H:%M') < datetimeadd(DateTimeParse([SCHEDTIME],'%H:%M'),-2,"minutes") THEN 1 ELSE 0 ENDIF

ONTIME:

IF DateTimeParse([ACTUALTTIME],'%H:%M') >= DateTimeAdd(DateTimeParse([SCHEDTIME],'%H:%M'),-2,"minutes")
AND DateTimeParse([ACTUALTTIME],'%H:%M') <= DateTimeAdd(DateTimeParse([SCHEDTIME],'%H:%M'),2,"minutes")
THEN 1 ELSE 0 ENDIF

LATE:

IF DateTimeParse([ACTUALTTIME],'%H:%M') > DateTimeAdd(DateTimeParse([SCHEDTIME],'%H:%M'),2,"minutes") THEN 1 ELSE 0 ENDIF

Each one of these tools are resulting in errors similar to this: ConvError: Formula (57): DATETIMEADD: "05:18:00" is not a valid DateTime.

The [ACTUALTIME] and [SCHEDTIME] fields are both 'HH:SS' timestamp strings.

Any ideas why I am receiving this error?  I placed the DateTimeParse([SCHEDTIME],'%H:%M') into its own formula tool and it didn't cause any errors; it appeared to be successful.

1 REPLY 1
dandev91
7 - Meteor

Figured out the problem.  DateTimeAdd expects a DateTime Object and doesn't account for the lack of a 'date'.  As a result, I needed to change the parsing function to:

DateTimeParse("1970-01-01 "+[ACTUALTTIME],'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M')

- I hope that Alteryx updates the DATETIMEADD function in future releases to not have to require this and be able to read TimeStamps (or concatenate the '1970-01-01' automatically if a timestamp object is received).

Labels