Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Consolidate all the excel files in the folder to new excel file per sheet.

RichardAlt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Guys, 

Please help me to my project, How can I consolidate the excel files in folder consist of 3-4 files to new excel file per sheet/tab, What do I mean per sheet? For ex. I have 3-4 files in the folder (Sometimes 3, Sometimes 4) if I consolidate that 3-4 files into new excel the new excel must have also a 3-4 sheets/tabs. 1 excel file = 1 sheet/tab to new excel file.

I have used a sample macro that I got it here, But the macro is consolidating the all files into one excel file only. Please check the attached zip file.

And also, please see my Master File. Master File is my desired output.

11 REPLIES 11
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The workflow will run using all excel files in the folder path you specified. You can tell how many sheets will be output by looking at the output of the input tool. If the Information file is not present, it will not be included.

To add a macro to a workflow, simply right click, click Insert, click Macro (most likely at the bottom), and then select the macro you'd like to add.

RichardAlt
8 - Asteroid

I tried something like this, I've changed the Information.xlsx file to wildcard and I deleted the file in the path and it works.

Thanks for the help!

RichardAlt_0-1587998563453.png

Labels