Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connect and download a Sharepoint Excel File

ISUGraber
アステロイド

I have a link to an Excel File that is currently stored on our Sharepoint folder.  I also have access to the folder that it is in and can move around in it but I can't seem to download the file automatically either through Power Automate or Alteryx. 

I connected the Sharepoint List connector but I didn't see the file when I did that (it also didn't show any file names which I thought was odd). 

This is Sharepoint 365. 

I also tried using HTTP but didn't have any success. 

Has anyone done this?  Is this possible with Alteryx?  I figure as cloud computing becomes bigger and bigger that this would be more in demand.

Thanks

21件の返信21
RachelHuntEY
アトム

@KP_DML is it correct to assume that if my company blocks me from accessing the "company.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/appregnew.aspx" page to generate the Client ID and Client Secret that I'm basically dead in the water (at least for using your workflow)?

I'm trying to find a way for multiple users to be able to run a workflow which is accessing input files from SharePoint (Team's site / folder). I'm hitting a dead end everywhere I look. Any ideas?

I don't think the OneDrive / Synched Locally option will work because that path will include the current user's C:/ drive location (e.g., C:/user1/OneDrive/files...). So if a second user needs to run the workflow, it will error out as the input path will be invalid/inaccessible for "user2".

I've also tried to add a network location to This PC (as I saw suggested in another post) in hopes that it would create a more universally accessible path to the files, but that also fails as I receive a message stating it's not a valid path/location (I'm using "company.sharepoint.com/sites"). **Turned out I was using the wrong URL- I needed to grab the "View in File Explorer" path instead of straight out of the address bar. This allowed me to create the network location.

geeksqaud
アステロイド

Hi KP_DML,

Currently i am using the below flow to download files from SP document library and it works like a breeze.  

But is it not working With new Microsoft graph API's

is there an alternative or a workflow that you can point out to to??

Thanks for all your help!!!

Thanks,

SK

ラベル