Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connect In-DB tool

amnac
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to run this subquery in alteryx design using Connect In-DB and Browse In-DB tool as follow: 

amnac_0-1665083015154.png

my query is like that

amnac_1-1665083095696.png

I have used visual query builder to develop this subquery. Now the problem is when I run it, it takes 40 minutes to run and nothing shows up on the browser result window

I need guidance with this problem and how to optimize this workflow

15 REPLIES 15
amnac
7 - Meteor

thank you all, I have somehow managed to get desired output by not using DB Join in my query. like this:

amnac_0-1665773022292.png

apathetichell
19 - Altair

stupid question. is one of your DBs (the upper most) housed on a different server than the others? Or did you change a field type in the Join? Basically the way you solved your issue is downloading all of your data. Glad it worked - but not really sustainable...

amnac
7 - Meteor

No question is stupid :)
All DBs are same server from what I know. I tried with DB tool with same setting DB Joins it gives blank output.

amnac
7 - Meteor

I have the following workflow and it takes 8-10 hours to run, is there any way I can make it fast

amnac_0-1666279712040.png

I jave to use data stream out because all the processing tools I need are not in DB-Tools

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Do as much processing as possible In-DB. You can use summarize in-db in group-by mode as a unique tool. You should not be using a Join on canvas if both tables are in the same DB.

amnac
7 - Meteor

how do we use summarize in-db as a unique tool?

Labels