Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Configuring the Optimization Tool (Looking for the Most optimal itemset within baskets)

daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to configure the optimization tool in alteryx in a way that will allow me to solve the below problem.

I have over 1000 baskets/orders and within those baskets there are 352 unique items across all of the baskets.  I am needing to find the most optimal 10 item "itemset" that completes the most baskets.   At the moment, I am using baskets as my variables with a upper and lower bound of 0 and 1, so binary.  As for the constraints, the only constraint that I have is the itemset must be no greater than 10 and it must be the most optimal itemset.  I am trying to set this tool up as a mixed integer program while specifying the model as a matrices.  

With that said, I have been unsuccessful at setting this tool up in a way that gives me the answer I am looking for.  Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
daltonhuneycutt
6 - Meteoroid

The sample data attached has the input data for anchor points O and A.

Labels