Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparing data in 14 sheets against the original file

ALLSEBS01
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

We send out one spreadsheet to a contact group at the start of the month, this includes things like costs and dates etc. At the end of the month, we might receive between 13 - 20 of the same spreadsheet back. Most of the data will be the same but they may have changed like 20 costs and 40 dates per returned sheet. 

What would be the best way to compare each returned spreadsheet against the original sent out and only the lines with changed data are pulled out/ highlighted. 

I have started with an input of the original spreadsheet and then a dynamic input of the folder where we save all of the returns but any suggestions please? 

I hope this makes sense, if you need examples of the data, please let me know. 

1 REPLY 1
terry10
12 - Quasar

@ALLSEBS01 

In general, you could just join the original spreadsheet data on ALL columns to revised spreadsheet. Any rows out the L anchor has one or more changes.

To compare all of the revised spreadsheets, you could either (1) Union them all together before the join or (2) use a batch macro to compare one a a time. The Union is a lot easier, if it meets your needs.

If your revised files have the same fields, you can union them all together using the dynamic input tool. 

Labels