Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Compare a File With a SharePoint List & Update the List if Fields Are Different

shaheer
8 - Asteroid

[EDIT] I found a way to simplify my question: I want to check if the data of entire rows between two files (let's call them file A and B respectively) are exactly the same. If a row is not the same in both files, I want to pull the row from file A. [EDIT]

I have a file with the exact same formatting and headers as a list on SharePoint. For example,

Updated File:

NameAgeAc?Height
Shawn21Yes8
James21Yes6
Andy23No7

SharePoint List:

NameAgeAc?Height
Shawn20Yes5
James21Yes6
Andy22No7

I wish to find the differences between the two. If someone's AGE or HEIGHT in the Updated file is different from the values in the SharePoint list, I FIRST want to grab all of their data from the UPDATED file For example, Shawns age and height have changed, and Andy's age has changed. So I have pulled their data from the UPDATED file:

NameAgeAc?Height
Shawn21Yes8
Andy23No7

Next, I want to find all of these names in the SharePoint List, and then update those values. So in the end, the SharePoint list would essentially be the same as the Updated File.

I do not wish to overwrite the entire list as it is very large and would take a very long time. This is why I want to find the names that have updates and then update only those in the SharePoint list.

I think the updating part I can handle, but figuring out how to get the data ONLY IF those fields are different s what's troubling me.

1 REPLY 1
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @shaheer 

I have provided a sample WF that is able to compare the heights/age between SP and the File.

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Labels