Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Compare 3 Files

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

Help.

what tool can i used to check the field( Gl account ) in source file #2 & #3 is in the input file #1?

4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @jaemilao 

If i understood correctly what you want to do, you can join by the account id and see what is on the J anchor of the tool. Here you will see what is on the input file #1 and #2 + #3

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1671476002854.png

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @jaemilao 

Are you trying to see if the Gi account values exist in other files?

You can use the join tool in order to combine files based on the GI Account column, and the L / R anchors of the right side of the join tool will tell you the records that didn't merge.

Hope this helps.

jaemilao
8 - Asteroid

yes i need to check if the gl account in source file #2 and #3 is in the source file #1. 

Par_O
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@jaemilao If you connect both inputs to a "Join" tool and join on "GL Account Number" and "Gl Account number" you will get all matching values on the "J" output anchor (I'm guessing this is what you are looking for?). See image below for how this will look. Non-matching values will be output on the "R" and "L" anchors depending on what input anchor they were connected through.

Par_O_0-1671476580569.png

Labels