Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cohort Formula: Conditional Statements Quick question

jmorris24
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am working on a cohort analysis. I would like to group things by our fiscal quarters. I extracted the month and year from the date column. I am trying to create a new column that has the fiscal year quarters listed. But when I run this formula it only assigns the quarter to the first month in each quarter if statement. What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 3.08.48 PM.png

5 REPLIES 5
jmorris24
7 - Meteor

Nevermind. I figured it out. I had to write out the [Start Date Year Month] = for every or statement as shown here. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Writing-an-If-statement-with-multiple-...

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jmorris24,

Glad you have solved it.

Just one question. Wouldn't be easier for you to have a text input file with a proper mapping which could be populated with the find-replace tool?

Thanks to that you wouldn't need to write so complicated formulas in the future:

Emil_Kos_0-1603833400620.png

jmorris24
7 - Meteor

That's a great idea. Good call. Thanks for the suggestion!

Now for part 2. I am trying to figure out how to pivot the table to show revenue for month 1 of each cohort... Don't quite know how to solve that yet

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jmorris24,

You cannot use summarize tool with new column + sum of revenue? 

jmorris24
7 - Meteor
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels