Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cluster question - Counting Nodes and Labelling Clusters

AndyT_9976
5 - Atom

Sorry if this is simple but I'm still new to Alteryx.

I have two colums of observations with each record being a linked relationship - for the sake of clarity, we'll call them Employee and Manager. 

Many of the records are unique pairings, i.e. 1 employee to 1 Manager.  The rest are 1 to many, many to 1 or many to many. 

I need to label each cluster with a unique ID so I can consolidate them later but I also need to identify the number of nodes in the cluster so I can potentially exlcude outliers.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi Andy,

I'm not getting exactly what you need, (how you're clustering, the unique ID criteria, etc), but for what I read, the Make Groups Tools and/or the Tile Tool can help you get want you need. I'll try to put you on the right direction, with this simple sample:

emplo-manager-2.PNG

For the Make Groups Config:

emplo-manager-3.PNG

For the Tile Tool:

emplo-manager-4.PNG

Best,

_AG_

AndyT_9976
5 - Atom

Thank you - Group By worked perfectly. 

Labels