Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Character limit in a certain column

Sjkitts
7 - Meteor

I'm currently having trouble with my character size in a column . I need this column to be exactly under 260 character limit but not to cut off in the middle of a word. Is there a tool I can use to complete this? In the screenshot the red marker in the upper right corner says "This Cell has Truncated Characters". Even when I go back to an even further select tool it shows the size to be 2147483647 which doesn't really make sense.  See below for screenshots. 

2 REPLIES 2
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Sjkitts,

Your cell there is not being truncated double click on the cell and view it like this to see more:

IraWatt_0-1655911709418.png

to get the full view use a browse tool and double click on the cell again, like this:

IraWatt_1-1655911766515.png

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Sjkitts!

I second the information @IraWatt provided about the data not being truncated.

To address your question about getting the text in a field under a specific length without cutting off in the middle of the word, here's one way to do it:

Capture1.JPG

Hope this helps! Let us know if this will work for you.

Thanks,

Deb

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels