Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Change Format and borders

neromerob
10 - Fireball

Hello to everyone 

I have been Working in a Workflow that produce and excel file with 3 tabs. that said the first that that i produce is somethin like this. I change de date with a dynamic replace tool

replace.JPG

Before.JPG

But what they want is the data to be shown like this 

After.JPG

Don´t know is this is even doable in Alteryx but what i need is. 

• Dates that could appear in order and not alphabetical order. 
  • The borders in every new records considering that is dynamic information and new month will always be added.

Thank you. 

8 REPLIES 8
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@neromerob Im  not sure I understand your requirement properly. Based on my understanding you can write a formula like below to achieve this. Please provide a sample input and expected output file if the given solution is not what you are looking for

binuacs_0-1654551036759.png

CathyS_Slalom
9 - Comet

Hi @neromerob, if you want to re-format the date, you can use the DateTime tool below to convert the format.

CathyS_Slalom_0-1654552022651.png

First DateTime configuration:

CathyS_Slalom_1-1654552123869.png

Second DateTime Configuration:

CathyS_Slalom_2-1654552164460.png

neromerob
10 - Fireball

hello to everyone. 

First, thank you for your help, I used the formula that you told me but the info appears in alphabetical order, which is incorrect. consider that I´m working to order the information from a workflow an not from a table. 

records.JPG

CathyS_Slalom
9 - Comet

Hi @neromerob, to sort the data by the date order, you can add the sort tool after the first DateTime tool, and sort on the DateTime_Out column. Then use the select tool at the end to only select the formatted column.

CathyS_Slalom_0-1654554891184.png

CathyS_Slalom
9 - Comet

Here is the workflow for your convenience.

neromerob
10 - Fireball

I decided to work with the original format of the date to understand how I can change it .

workflow_3.jpg

still i can get the date the way i want, and also because I have 2 April months, the system show it like this 

April-2021

April-2022

Instead of April-2021 and May-2021

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @neromerob , when you reach to the below step 

grazitti_sapna_0-1654578669714.png

Try using the record id tool

grazitti_sapna_1-1654578689096.png

Then do the date transformations in case you still find it unsorted then you can simply sort the data on the basis of the record id tool ascending it will give you the expected output.

grazitti_sapna_2-1654578764932.png

The final result can be achieved using reporting tools.

grazitti_sapna_1-1654579371375.png

grazitti_sapna_0-1654579351838.png

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
neromerob
10 - Fireball

Thank you to all of you for the help. Solution found. 

Labels