Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cannot rename Macro Output and Input tools

minam
7 - Meteor

Hi,

The Macro Input and Output tools that I add to my iterative macro workflow are not getting renamed. The configuration window of the tool shows the updated name, but in the canvas it remains unchanged. Am I missing something or is this a limitation of my ADAPT license?

Relevant files attached.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @minam 

You will want to go into the tool annotation (price tag looking icon) and you should be able to update the label there. The Output Name is more of a tool label than anything. 

BrandonB_0-1629406066141.png

minam
7 - Meteor

Thanks @BrandonB, the name was updated when I made changes under the tool annotation as you suggested. It still has "Output" appended in the name which I think might be by design for a clearer indication.  

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yes, you are correct! Funny enough I actually hadn't come across the behavior before because I'm normally just changing the anchor labels, not necessarily annotating the outputs themselves. The same behavior will occur when adding/changing an anchor.

BrandonB_0-1629434345997.png

Labels