Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cannot create workflow to match Excel pivot

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

I have data exported from a server that I can create a Excel pivot showing the counts of various elements like dates, texts, etc. I am trying to create the workflow in Alteryx but it is counting cells that dont have a date, texts, etc. I created a filter to eliminate blanks, etc... and using data cleansing but nothing seems to work. I have the workflow attached and then I show on another tab of the file the comparison showing where Excel skips blanks but Alteryx keeps adding them as part of the count. I thought my filters would work but they cause the data counts to be wrong, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
MilindG
12 - Quasar

@MikeFrancis1959 You can just use filter tools per columns. for example to remove any empty or null from 'MMO:All MM Received, you can use "IsNull([MMO:All MM PO's Placed]) and IsEmpty([MMO:All MM PO's Placed])" to remove those rows. 

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

I think you're overcomplicating it.  All you need is to change the Counts in the summarize tool to Count Non Null.

image.png

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

I tried putting in individual filters and it appears that when I do it changes the data across the other elements. See attached

Mike 

MilindG
12 - Quasar

@MikeFrancis1959 I think what Christina suggested should work. Have you tried that?

MikeFrancis1959
8 - Asteroid

Thank you both, I am still learning but with the help of this forum I am getting better!

Thanks,

Mike

Labels