Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can't Open a gallery from alteryx designer Version: 2020.4.5.1247

Lamar_01
5 - Atom

Hello,

I need your help please, I can't open a gallery as you can see in the screenshots bellow.
I've tested also the link to the gallery on a web browser and its work perfectly. 

Alteryx Admin Designer
Version: Alteryx Admin Designer
Version: 2020.4.5.12471

Best regards,

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

s3.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Lamar_01 ,

This could be related to your server version. Your designer version must be equal or lower than your server's version.

On the gallery, click on your username > profile > check the version tab or scroll down to check the server version.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Lamar_01 

Are you on the same version of Alteryx Server and Designer?

Are you connected to the company's VPN?

Can you follow the step below:

- In Designer, open up Options --> User Settings --> Edit User Setting --> Advanced tab

- From the Advanced page, under the Proxy Settings, check off the box Enable Proxy Credentials.  Then click Configure and enter your Gallery login credentials.  From there try connecting to the Gallery.

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Lamar_01
5 - Atom

Hello Fernando, 

Thank you for your quick answer,I've verified the Server version : 2020.4.6.36807
So, the deisgner is lower than server

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Go with @PanPP suggestion above, that should do it.

Lamar_01
5 - Atom

Hello @Fernando and @PanPP,

Thank you for your response, but unfortunitely that not work
following @PanPP solution, I found that there is no proxy in use. so the problem still appear

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hummmm, that's interesting. I've seem this issue before when using an incorrect gallery URL. Please include the URL only until /gallery. Don't use anything else.

Another possibility is that you need more permissions, could you please check with your gallery admin if you are an artisan or a curator?

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels