Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can mutli-field math involving two fields be performed using less tools?

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

Hey all, 

I've been trying to find the easiest way to create a new field comprised of the difference of two current fields for 19 different fields in my workflow at the same time (without using the formula tool like crazy) and am struggling to find a simple workflow that works in the forums. I'm fairly certain the multi-field formula tool doesn't work for this, from what I've read, due to not being able to select the field next to the current field as part of the formula (that would've made it much easier). I've included a screenshot below, if having the workflow would help let me know and I'll create a version that I'm allowed to share. Any advice is appreciated!

BSmithPdubz_2-1598628654248.png

1 REPLY 1
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hello @BSmithdubz,

My first thought was a formula tool and create all the combinations (but that would take time on the first set up and then the rest would be tough), so my next thought is creating a batch macro that would loop through column headers as groups, create the difference column and then output that difference column back out with the data. If you attached a sample of the data, I could work through my thought for a macro.

Labels