Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can Tableau workflow to be use or copy to and run in Alteryx ?

WeiChau
5 - Atom

Dear,

I would like to copy my tableau workflow to Alteryx.

Pls kindly advise if it is possible to do it ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are you referring to taking Tableau Prep logic and turning it into an Alteryx workflow? That isn't possible to my knowledge unfortunately, but it should be easy enough to recreate it using the corresponding Alteryx tools! Alteryx is able to read in hyper and TDE files, but it sounds like you are looking to handle the logic as well. 

WeiChau
5 - Atom

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for helping. Ya I wish to move my Tableau workflow to Alteryx workflow but it seems prompted some error even I have change the Tableau workflow to .Hyper

May I know anyway to copy the logic as well ?

thanks

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

The Tableau Prep process cannot be automatically converted unfortunately. You will need to use the tools within Alteryx Designer to recreate the logic. A hyper file is a type of file that holds data created by Tableau but it does not contain the logic. 

WeiChau
5 - Atom

Aright Thanks BrandonB. Will try recreate them in Alteryx Designer

Labels