Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can Alteryx help filter out product with billing consecutive two weeks

Sophia_Xiao
7 - Meteor

Hello Experts here,

I have attached the data sample here. Each year, there is fix 53 billing week and the billing file gets updated in weekly basis. Every time I have new weekly billing data in, I need Alteryx to create a column called "product billing frequency" to find out what are product have two consecutive billing in the last 12 billing week.

Could Alteryx achieve that. Many Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
acarter881
12 - Quasar

Hey, @Sophia_Xiao. I took a glance at your data and I believe there are several ways to solve it in Alteryx. Have you tried the Multi-Row Formula tool? As a potential hint, you may need to group by the Product Code field.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Sophia_Xiao 

If i understood well your requirements, here it is. Please take a look.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1666800619426.png

Sophia_Xiao
7 - Meteor

Hi Acarter881Thanks so much, I haven't used it before. Would you happen to have the Alteryx flow to elaborate what you mean. Many Thanks

acarter881
12 - Quasar

I believe Felipe's post shows the solution.

Sophia_Xiao
7 - Meteor
@Felipe_Ribeir0 Thanks so much for providing the flow. Really helpful. I see you are utilize the date to form the solution. Actually, I have the billing date available and have updated it in the sample data. Just wondering if flow could be updated more simpler to achieve the same result.

Each year there is 53 billing week and the first billing week always from 1 Jan - 7Jan and continue. The goals is to pick up any product code has been billed continually in two billing week within 12 billing weeks will be considered as weekly. Please refer uploaded the data here. Many Thanks and Much appreciate your help

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @Sophia_Xiao 

Take a look at the attached workflow.

If the provided answer helped you to solve the problem/was correct, please accept it as a solution :)

Thanks.

Sophia_Xiao
7 - Meteor

@Felipe_Ribeir0  Cannot see the difference on this flow. Would you happen to use the updated data with billing date to simplify the flow?

Sophia_Xiao
7 - Meteor

@Felipe_Ribeir0 

This flow is not working if we have additional column like customer. See new data, for product F if we billed two different customers, the flow would consider product F has been billed twice and mark it as weekly. The goal is to focus on the product code, what are product code has been billed consecutive two weeks. doesn't matter for which customer. Can Alteryx do that. Many Thanks

Sophia_Xiao
7 - Meteor

@Felipe_Ribeir0 I have worked out the above. So please don't worry about it. Just one more pending issue on the second multi row formula, How can we change the formula if I want to achieve as long as there is billing frequency record showing "Weekly" under the same product code, then all the billing frequency under this product code should be "weekly". Thanks

Labels