Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Calling Out Possible Duplicated Payments using Multi-Row Formula

FUB_IA_SQL_GUY
6 - Meteoroid

Problem:
I have a dataset of AP Payments I am trying to clean up in Alteryx. One of the requested items is to call out possible duplicated payments. There are no unique records recorded in our AP input software and the list comes out like the following:

FUB_IA_SQL_GUY_0-1684936059469.png

Im wanting to use Alteryx to look for possible records based on the following Group By:

• Vendor/ID
  • Payment Date
  • Payment Type
  • Check #
  • Amount Due
  • Net Amount

The hopeful outcome would look something similar to below:

FUB_IA_SQL_GUY_1-1684936266438.png

I color coded the potential Duplicated records just to make it easier to see the results. Basically the logic would look for records with the same fields:

• Vendor/ID
  • Payment Date
  • Payment Type
  • Check #
  • Amount Due
  • Net Amount

I have done something to this in SQL with LEAD and LAG and it looks like Multi-Row Formula Tool in Alteryx can accomplish this goal, I am just not sure how to set up the tool to get the desired results. I have created a sample YXMD workflow with the sample data above. 

Thank in advance for any input or help. 

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@FUB_IA_SQL_GUY One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1684938798581.png

FUB_IA_SQL_GUY
6 - Meteoroid

@binuacs Ok I think I get the concept. Not sure how to setup the Summarize tool though. Your attachment just had my original flow without the additional steps added. Is this how I should set up my Summarize tool.

FUB_IA_SQL_GUY_0-1684942990340.png

Thanks again for your help.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@FUB_IA_SQL_GUY you need to take the count of Vendor ID, I will update the workflow but give a try from your side based on the screen shot 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@FUB_IA_SQL_GUY Attaching the workflow

Labels