Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calgary XML List

mieszczak
7 - Meteor

Hello, I'm working with a custom tree file from a user input that will return values based on user selection. I also have a Calgary database that has the same key fields present within it. I would like to be able to take the list option for query and generate my output. the formula I'm using is : '<AND> <FIELD name="Key" type="list"> <VALUE>' + REGEX_Replace([Name], '\n', ",") + '</VALUE>) </FIELD> <FIELD name="GEOLEVEL" type="list"> <VALUE>ZIP</VALUE> </FIELD> </AND>' however it doesn't really do the trick. from a contextual standpoint, Calgary seems to work with item, item or item syntax but not item, item, item.

I also changed my tree to contain <value> number </value> which worked for Calgary but didn’t keep my tree nested. Also, I know that if I could generate a new row from the custom tree <VALUE> 01 </VALUE> <VALUE>02</VALUE> to the list query that I could make it work. Any help would be appreciated!

snipit2.JPG

1 REPLY 1
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@mieszczak The best option here is to update a a Text Input tool with your Tree results and then create the query which would field each value into a batch macro. Please see attached sample for your review

Labels