Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

CSV not importing all the data from Sharepoint

sau953
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am trying to import a CSV file from a Sharepoint site with some data on Dates (file attached).

sau953_1-1685429729306.png

Sharepoint input tool configuration looks like this:

sau953_0-1685429653096.png

However, I get the following output which does not make sense. I get only 1 column and that too incorrect. 

sau953_2-1685429822009.png

I am facing similar weird issue with other CSVs I have. And this issue has started happening only in the past few days. Prior to that I have been working with the same files and the same Alteryx tools for the past 2 months and never had any issues with any CSV file. 

Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @sau953,

Which SharePoint Tool Version are you using? I also had these probs a while back with 2.2.

2.1 worked well - don't know about the newer ones, but downgrading should help. 

sau953
6 - Meteoroid

I have been using 2.4 (the latest one) since its launch in March and it has been working fine for the past 2 months but suddenly now does not work. 

I will try to use 2.1, thanks!

sau953
6 - Meteoroid

Unfortunately 2.1 also didn't work. 

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

nvm - stupid comment :D 

sau953
6 - Meteoroid

Found the solution !!

As it turns out, even if one installs the latest Sharepoint tool (2.4.0) the older versions of the same tool can still override it. 

I uninstalled Alteryx, deleted all the folders related to it including the tools folder which had 4 different versions of the Sharepoint tool and then did a fresh install.

This finally solved all the issues. All files now getting imported perfectly like before. 

Labels