Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Build Array in Designer and Pass to Download Tool

BJACKSON
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am experiencing an issue when using the Download tool to post information. For my specific use case, I need to pass an array to the API, but the API is reading it as a string and not accepting my call. For reference, my json is in the following format: '{
"type": "Entity To Individual",
"parentId":"'+[parentId] +'",
"childId":"'+[childId]+'",
"ownershipPercentage": "100.00"
"relationRoleType": [
"Member"
]
}
'

The relationRoleType field is where the issue is as when i select is as an option in the payload tab and attempt to run it, i get a 400 error stating the relationroletype is an invalid field and needs to be an array. I have also attempted the 'Take query string/body from field' and 'Use following for query string/body' options but those options dont work either. My theory is that because the field type is a string and there is no array or list data type in alteryx that the download tool reads it in as a string, passes it to the API as a string, and then i get the error. 

Are there any solutions that anyone is aware of to pass an array to the download tool? 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@BJACKSON it looks like you may be missing a comma in the body string after "ownershipPercentage": "100.00".

TeamData
6 - Meteoroid

I'm looking for a solution to this issue as well.  Did you find a solution?

Labels