Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Bringing in one PDF image (multiple pages), saving multiple copies of that under a new nam

MarkMeder
5 - Atom

Hello,

Long story short, I am struggling with the bringing in a PDF (under the 'file' name) and saving a copy off under a separate name. I am successfully generating the new file, but the new file only has 1 of the 16 pages of the initial file. Any thoughts on how to output all 16 pages under the new output name?

Screenshot 2024-08-20 100018.png

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
19 - Altair

are you pulling it in via python or via blob? Is there something Alteryx specific happening? using blob input/blob output  to make a copy there is no reason why you would see file truncation. If you are using a python package - share your code. 

OTrieger
12 - Quasar

Hi @MarkMeder 

Please help us to help you, it is better to make the story long with details so we can understand what you did so far and what is still the challenge that you are facing, screen shots will be very useful.

MarkMeder
5 - Atom

I am bringing in the Image Input under one "CS#" then doing a join to bring in all the invoices that have that "CS#" and then wanting to output / copy that initial PDF (16 pages) with all of the joined invoice #. The issue is the output is only outputting 1 of the 16 pages (and overwriting the files) for each page. I need it to output all 16.

See belowScreenshot 2024-08-20 121059.png

Screenshot 2024-08-20 121015.png

apathetichell
19 - Altair

I don't use these tools. Can you share your configuration of your image output tool? last time I looked at these tools My vague hunch is you have to use another tool to combine your related records before your image output tools. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels