Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Bring data from Sharepoint/Teams into Alteryx

craigja
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have looked at this: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Connect-Microsoft-teams-to-Alteryx/td-...  and am able to download files from Sharepoint/Teams.  I am also able to take the Dynamic Input tool and pass in the save path to get the file back into a workflow but wanted to see if there was a way to get the data directly into Alteryx without first saving locally then opening the saved file?  I think not, well not unless its a text file - I could change the download tool to download to a field, and then parse it but that only works with .csv not .xlsx etc.

1 REPLY 1
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @craigja 

So unfortunately you already have your answer. At the current moment, there is no way to connect directly to SharePoint with Alteryx outside of the post you linked. The best option we have is to sync the SharePoint folder in question with your desktop. If you save your workflows in the same SharePoint site, you can even setup your inputs/outputs to be dynamic. This helps when sharing workflows across a team. 

Cheers!

Phil

Labels