Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Block Until Done/Parallel Block Until Done Not Working As Expected

adam_rafael_18
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I am trying to build a workflow that will write to the same excel sheet in multiple tabs and am attempting to use the parallel block until done tool to prevent the workflow from writing to a file that is open, but I am running into an error. Am I doing this correctly?

3 REPLIES 3
Amy_smart
11 - Bolide

Hi Adam,

I found a post that may assist you:

Solved: Parallel Block until done - Alteryx Community

Thanks,

Amy

mmueller7337
8 - Asteroid

Hey @adam_rafael_18, I have several workflows that do exactly this. It was cumbersome using the Block Until Done Tool, but now it is super easy with the Control Container Tool . Unfortunately, this new tool is only available with versions 2023.1 and onward, but it's totally worth the trouble to download it if you are able.

Matt

adam_rafael_18
8 - Asteroid

The way I ended up solving this was by using block until done to combine the outputs together - I used a join tool to make the two sheets dependent on each other, but had them join on fields they would not join  and then took the "right" output

Labels