Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Bigquery Error SQLExtendedFetch: 310 Storage API Error: failed to connect to all addresses

sbaker1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

I'm having a lot of trouble with connecting in certain data from bigquery. Most of my queries work without issue, but occasionally I have problems where I get the below error:

sbaker1_0-1632099760695.png

Please note: this exact same query from the workflow this section was extracted from, used to run without issues. It has just decided not to work for the past few days.

I have had the issue occur before in different queries, and most of the time rewriting the query in a different way than the Alteryx Query Builder has suggested, has seemed to fix the issue. However this time the only fix I've managed to find is adding a where clause that reduces the amount of data brought in, otherwise it is just a simple query eg:

select distinct t.* from `table` t

By experimenting with the where clause, it only seems to work when it is reduced to less than 100,000 rows, which honestly isn't enough for this workflow to run correctly.

The workflow used to run previously without issues when the table was well over 100,000 rows.

Appreciate your assistance with this.

Alteryx version: 2021.3.2.54175 (tried upgrading to the latest version, no change in error)

Simba ODBC Driver for Google BigQuery: 2.04.01.1009 (also upgraded to latest version, still errors)

7 REPLIES 7
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

are you sure your connection is valid at the time you are executing the query?

sbaker1
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, I am able to query other tables in the same gcp project without issues. It appears to only be an issue for large tables.

My issue here is that this problem has only started occurring in the past couple of weeks without reason.

Previously I did not have an issue, and it would just take longer to bring in a larger amount of data, which made sense. I would much prefer that than have it fail altogether.

sbaker1
6 - Meteoroid

While I'm still unsure why this issue occurred suddenly in the first place, this has solved the problem completely.

Thank you so much!

DhanashriP
5 - Atom

Hi, I am facing the same issue. How did you solve this? The link to the freshsql seems to be down.

kiko123
5 - Atom

Did you found a solution to your problem because im getting the same issue here but when i try to connect with power bi

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can't remember this one - so I'd have to retrace - this might relate to googlestorageapi and High-Throughput API- can you share a screenshot of your Advanced Options settings in ODBC?

Labels