Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Based on a Group Creating an outcome based on x crtieria

Masond3
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team. 

I need some assistance,

I am performing fuzzy matching to find potential duplicates in our system, whilst analyzing the results i have noticed that in some instances its giving me false positives which i need to identify. 

To eliminate these false positives i was thinking about creating an additional column to call out that its not a duplicate based on certain rules.

Using the the example Below the logic should work as follows ;

NB : 

• Only assess values within a group
    • If Count of Group = 2 and  Source= FINRA & the IDs are different then "Not a Duplicate" 
    • If Count of Group = 2 and  Source= FCA  & the IDs are different then "Not a Duplicate" 
Group Name IDSourceNameOutcome
8650Mason LTD11111FINRACRDNot a duplicate
8650Mason LTD22222FINRACRDNot a duplicate
8651Amazon Ltd33333FCAFCANot a duplicate
8651Amazon Ltd33334FCAFCANot a duplicate
8652Alteryx PLC 11111FINRACRD 
8652Alteryx PLC     
8653Tesla Ltd11111FINRACRD 
8653Tesla Ltd33333FCAFCA 
8654Costa11111FINRACRD 
8654Costa    
8654Costa33333FCAFCA 

Looking forward to your response. 

Kind regards

Masond3

5 REPLIES 5
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Masond3 - If you can define rules, you can then take the "Not a duplicate" records out before or after the Fuzzy Match tool using a simple Join. However, the example that you provided does not look as a use case for Fuzzy Matching.

Masond3
8 - Asteroid

@ArtApa my matching is based on name and address, In the example above ., the matching identified these as a duplicate as the name and address is the same, however it had a different source and ud , and that’s why I want the formula to tell me after the algorithm to run thats it’s nit a match 

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Masond3 - If I understood you correctly, here is how your solution may look like:

ArtApa_0-1636016578177.png

Please check 8653. It looks like it's "Not a duplicate".

Masond3
8 - Asteroid

@ArtApa  Thank you for providing this example. Looking at 8653 the correct answer is in Column "Outcome" ,
Why is this correct : as 8653 have a count of 2, but there 2 different sources, then these need two records need to be compared, therefore there shouldnt be a value populated in "outcome 2"

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Masond3 - Understood and fixed.

ArtApa_0-1636018015016.png

Labels