Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Avoiding table cell split per page

vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

Is there any possibility to control that when a table is split per page, at the same time a cell will not be split but moved to another page?

I think I already tried everything but can not find a solution.  

vlad_kutateladze_0-1660130846863.png

5 REPLIES 5
vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

This is what I want to get 

vlad_kutateladze_0-1660132665177.png

trsali
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @vlad_kutateladze is your final output a word document? Is there anything else on the document other than the table?

trsali
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@vlad_kutateladzeyou can try using the Tile Tool to group your data together.

trsali_0-1660248954679.png

vlad_kutateladze
8 - Asteroid

@trsali Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, there will be some other data on the document above the table, which may have different sizes. I am building workflow for the analytical app. Also, the number of rows in the table may be different and it may require more than 2 pages. So grouping a table for this case will not work. 

trsali
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@vlad_kutateladze Got it, I don't believe there is a easy configuration to prevent rows from splitting without modifying the pcxml of the rendering tool but if you want a controlled way of grouping data into each page, this other community post may be helpful https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Span-Column-Groups-Across-Pa...

Labels