Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Automating workflows without license Cost

raltuser
Átomo

How can we schedule the workflows without Scheduler license Cost.

Due to budget constraints we cannot afford for license. Please suggest  automation of Workflows or any alternative ways to run Workflows automatically without any manual intervention.

3 RESPOSTAS 3
Ben_H
Bólide

Hi @raltuser 

As far as I'm aware there is no way to schedule Alteryx routines without the scheduler.

I think this is more a conversation for your account manager and budget holder.

Regards,

Ben

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@raltuser I am glad you are leveraging Alteryx to streamline your processes! Even without scheduling I am sure you are seeing big benefits from creating workflows to avoid going through all of the data steps manually. 

Attempting to schedule a workflow without appropriate licensing to schedule unfortunately isn't possible. That is why it exists after all! If budget constraints are the biggest concern, most analysts will present the value capture and ROI of why scheduling capabilities provide significant value above and beyond just hitting the run button. For example, if your stakeholders require deliverables to be provided at a specific cadence on a daily basis or during hours that analysts may not be working, this ability to provide scheduled results becomes crucial. If you need help quantifying this and showing the value, your Account Executive and Solution Engineer will be happy to assist in these conversations with your budget holder. 

raltuser
Átomo

Thank you @Ben_H  & @BrandonB 

Agree, this is a great tool for Data Analytics and Data Processing.

We are revising/revisiting on the cost and thinking for alternatives like using PowerShell or Windows bat scripts to schedule the workflows.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated !!

Rótulos