Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Automatically Download Excel File from website

ben7
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

How would I go about automatically downloading the excel file in the following website, then select a specific tab within it? I have created a view on a static file and would like to be able to update this monthly as new government data comes in.

https://asic.gov.au/regulatory-resources/find-a-document/statistics/insolvency-statistics/insolvency...

Cheers!

13 REPLIES 13
susantamondal
5 - Atom

Can it log  into Bank websites and download bank statements at scheduled time if the credentials are stored within Alteryx flow

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@susantamondal wrote:

Can it log  into Bank websites and download bank statements at scheduled time if the credentials are stored within Alteryx flow

It would depend on the authentication method required by the bank though.

Most I know of need 2 factor authentication and require some form of confirmation from a phone or a pin/card device.

However if you were able to log in via and API and there was a way to store the credentials then it is likely possible

susantamondal
5 - Atom

If we just have user id and password  not 2 factor authentication then is it possible?

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Without knowing the website it's impossible to say, but yes, you can log into sites and pass through authentication to websites in Alteryx.

Which bank is it and what is the site?

Labels