Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

AutoML Tool

Pawel_Paleczny
9 - Comet

Hello,

I saw that AutoML tool has been transeferred into cloud functionality, is there any other way to use it in Designer beside installing an older version?

PS. I know that Assisted Modelling is still available in Designer but I'm asking directly about AutoML functionality.

3 REPLIES 3
dalurie
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Pawel,

The AutoML tool has been deprecated as of Alteryx version 2022.1, as similar capabilities are available within the cloud-based Alteryx Machine Learning platform. Technically, the AutoML tool can still be used with Designer versions prior to 2022.1.

Here's a link to learn more about Alteryx Machine Learning in the cloud: Alteryx Machine Learning | Alteryx Help

Thank you,

David

gyang3
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Pawel_Paleczny You can still use deprecated tools by right-clicking on the tools palette and click on "Show Deprecated Tools". Hope that helps.

gyang3_0-1671145139623.png

Pawel_Paleczny
9 - Comet

Hello @Gy ,
Thanks for your comment, I was aware about deprecated tools however based on the Alteryx statement (Alteryx recommends updating workflows to use applicable new replacement tools as no resources will be allocated to support the older tools. Alteryx may remove deprecated tools after two major releases.) it is very risky to prepare production workflow for Client using deprecated tool (lack of support and potential removing such tool).

Labels