Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Appending Values in Default Template

areeba
8 - Asteroid

Hi,
I have an excel file in which my 3 columns are there : Revenue,Cost and Total.
I need to put these data in my default template(Sample_Template) which is in Doc Format.
Is it possible to do that via alteryx reporting tools?
PS: I want to place these amount in intact way that the comma comes under another comma in next line.
for eg: it should print like this

=======

Not like this:
======

I want to generate the same output in both doc and PDF Format

If you need information Please let me know.

Regards

Areeba

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@areeba 
I can only come up something close to your desired output with Reporting Text tool.

0401-areeba.PNG0401-areeba-1.PNG

areeba
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu  

Thank you for your quick reply but what I meant was that I already have a static template .All I want is to place the Revenue ,cost and total values respective places. The problem is whenever the values get changes its alignment also changes and it looks v disordered (happening in your solution), I want to fix their places like this

€      123.06

€        45.02

==========

€      168.26

Is it a way to read the static template in Alteryx and I just call the numbers values (Revenue, Cost and total) in above mentioned order like eur sign under eur sign and dot under dot. I want to FIX these EUR SIGN and DOT so that whatever number comes next time these two things doesn't change ?

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Please see attached file to see alignment  I want to see .

Regards

Areeba

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@areeba 
As far as know, Alteryx can output results to Excel with template by applying the option "preserve formatting".

Applying Static Template of Word is not possible by Alteryx.

Would exel template be acceptable?

Labels