Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Analytics App - beginner

NickiW
5 - Atom

Hello.  I am designing my first analytic app and I have managed to work through the majority of what I want to do.  However I am stuck on 2 aspects and would appreciate any help.

1) Part of my current workflow is a text input for a period end date.  This period end date is then used in a formula to calculate the previous 4 period end dates, which in turn rename column headers later in the workflow.  I want to replace the text input with a date interface, however selecting Update cell or Update Value don't seem to work.  How can I simply use the Date interface to create the date value in a new field?  Do I have to use the interface to update an existing text input field?

2) Another interface option will be the client name.  I would like this to be included in the output file name but I cannot see any way to do that unless its as a field within the output itself, which I dont want.  Is there any way around this?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @NickiW ,

I have created this sample for you to check it:

Not sure how you want to manage the dates but using the date tool is easy for the inputs.

Also to replace certain part from a path to switch it with your clients name you need to select the "replace a specific string" on the action tool on the bottom

Untitled.png

Regards

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @NickiW 

For your second question, you can add the filename to the records and then use the "Keep Field in Output" option in the Output Data config

danilang_0-1616173051849.png

With this unchecked, the field will be used as the file name but will not show up in the data

Dan

Labels