Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx source - Power Query

florebrunialti
6 - Meteoroid

Hi community,

I need to connect my Alteryx to a Query I have in a Power Query Excel file. The information is so extended, I need to connect Power Query to the data base and not download it in the Excel file, so I leave the information only with the Query connection.

So, then I need to get that information, connecting Alteryx to that query but I am not finding the way to do it. What I see is that Alteryx only let me connect to the sheets of the Excel file and not to the querys.

What I need to do is possible? I was able to do this with Power BI.

Thanks in advance.

Florencia

5 REPLIES 5
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@florebrunialtiWhat is the source that the Power Query is pulling from?

florebrunialti
6 - Meteoroid

It is a company local data base cube I couldn´t connect directly to Alteryx, so I tried to connect the cube to Power Query and then connect that query to Alteryx.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@florebrunialtiCube data is calculated by the cube's server at the time of query.  It doesn't sit in a format that can be queried.

Check this out though:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/SSAS-Cube-Connection-and-MS-Power-Quer...

rishabhjain_bofa
5 - Atom

patrick_mcauliffe

What if the data source is a WEB PORTAL from where we pull reports? The reports , when pulled manually, are extracted in an excel file.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@rishabhjain_bofaif you're pulling reports from a web portal that get exported from the web app as an Excel file, then your best option is to find out where the web app gets its data from.

While it is possible to use some web portals as data sources, it can get very messy and complex quickly.

Labels