Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx flow to solve the attached issue

AJ
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I'm running into an issue where a sales rep enters the renewal contract in a way that makes the calculation wrong. For ex: the Quote has Quote #, Product_ID, Description Quantity, Start, and End Date fields.

Some Products get renewed for a year, or 2 years or more.

If the products get renewed 1 year only - there is no issue, however, if the product gets renewed for more than 1 year, sometimes the user will enter a line for each year. Doing so it will makes the Quantity duplicate. Please see Attachment Excel file.

Now there are 2 ways to enter the Quote into the system

Preferred - Correct way: 1 record per each Product and correct start and end date

Not preferred way: as I mentioned earlier, a line per year. Doing so will give a wrong Quantity # and anything else you add or count.

Please let me know if you need any clarifications

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @AJ 

A summarize tool should do the trick, basically group by the first 4 columns and then take the min start date and max end date. To be more precise I'd suggest converting the dates to actual date values, but taking the min/max in their string forms seems to be working fine with this dataset.

Luke_C_0-1625845251363.png

Labels