Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx crashing when I click run, when using only input data and browse tool .CSV file

Samantha-Aglieco
5 - Atom

I am using Alteryx designer version 2023.1.1 on Windows 10 and every time I click Run on my workflow, Alteryx crashes. I am using a CSV file with the input data tool connected to the browse tool. I also tried using a sample CSV file and a sample browse workflow from the help tab and Alteryx still closed when I clicked run. 

Does anyone know why this may be happening?

19 REPLIES 19
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@Samantha-Aglieco 
I have also observed this issue on my desktop with Win10, while it did not happen for Win11.

So try another Win11 machine? 

jdminton
12 - Quasar

Can you share the config settings on the input tool?

Samantha-Aglieco
5 - Atom

I believe these are the configuration settings, please let me know if this is not what you're asking for

Capture.PNG

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

Please try cache and run,

and check

TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

I'm seeing the same thing with a new workflow that only has one Generate Rows tool with default settings. Also on Windows 10.

TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

Just tried uninstalling using the Alteryx uninstall program with RevoUninstaller to scrub the registry and all leftover Alteryx files. Then installed as non-Admin (used Admin last time). Still had the same problem. Going back to 2022.3 for now.

TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

By the way, cache and run made no difference for me.

smccarti
5 - Atom

smccarti_0-1686068792070.png

Same

jdminton
12 - Quasar

I notice that error is slightly different, @smccarti . Were you also crashing when going to output?

Labels