Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Server tool on Designer

imaran_669
8 - Asteroid

Hi community, I need some help to figure out the server tool for designer.

imaran_669_0-1703626171461.png

I configure it with what I think are correct fields.

config server.PNG

And I get this error.

Error: Server API (13): Tool #683: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine\Engine_9820_205b358badde45b2bd7f0802d20d2ac4_\8258b1967a2eec3608e74e0c1eebae59\workbook.py", line 84, in <module>

token['expires_at']=dt.datetime.utcnow()+dt.timedelta(0,token['expires_in'])

KeyError: 'expires_in'

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
TomDiroff
Alteryx
Alteryx

Good Day..
What is your version of Alteryx?
What is your version of the Server API  Tool?
Have you modified the default Designer python configuration with any  add on Python modules?

Have to attempted to test your API access and functionality through the Swagger docs that are available via a Gallery log in?

imaran_669
8 - Asteroid

Hi! Designer is 2023.2.1.7 and Server API is 1.2.4. No changes to python. 

When i do it with the Swagger it works, i get a response 200 and a json with all the collections. 

imaran_669
8 - Asteroid

Ok, I managed to make it work, did all from scratch and worked fine. But I hit another bump, when i try to run a workflow that i can run from the gallery because is shared with me it gives me a 

403 error (The authenticated user does not have access to execute the workflow). Any ideas?

TomDiroff
Alteryx
Alteryx

What  is the end point that you are trying to use to execute the workflow?

How is the workflow shared with you? Via a collection? In a subscription?
When you run the workflow from the Gallery do you enter your own credentials to run it?

Labels