Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Error Code 4 when using run command

fiddycodes
7 - Meteor

I'm using the run command and I'm getting an error code 4. The weird thing about this is that when I run the BAT file outside of Alteryx, it works fine. What am I doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @fiddycodes 

Based on your picture, it seems you generate the bat file within one data stream, and executes it on a second one, and a third with unclear scope, now your screenshot could be inclomplete, I suggest to control the first and second data stream with a Block tool as shown.

error_runcommand-Wait.png

hth

Arnaldo

fiddycodes
7 - Meteor

Hello, this is how my workflow actually looks likeerror_runcommand2.PNG

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @fiddycodes 

I found this old topic related to yours Getting error code 4 while running a batch file on event on workflow completion inside its thread, the last reply points to this MS System Error Codes System Error Codes (0-499) then error 4 is 

ERROR_TOO_MANY_OPEN_FILES

4 (0x4)

This could happen when the data stream executing the batch file contains more that one record, can you verify only one record is feed to the command tool.

Arnaldo

Labels