Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer - How to Create Column ID's (PK/FK) to Join Tables

stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am a new bee trying to load normalized tables from a file (attached) as per  new the below Star Schema to Populate Multiple small Tables like Facts & Dimensions using Alteryx Designer.

However, Cant load data in Target: FACT Can’t normalize date in Target :Date, and more date fields like Date DIM.

Please find the Source Files, and Alteryx file and appreciated if anybody help me with Alteryx workflow

stevelogue1980_0-1596757287108.png

Need this :

stevelogue1980_1-1596757287114.png

3 REPLIES 3
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @stevelogue1980 , I have looked into your workflow and fixed things please check and let me know if this is what you were looking for?

Changes made- To standarize the date I formated the date column in the excel itself.

For Target fact table you were using ROWID to generate row which was not satisfying your  Condition expression. Therefore, I created a New Field  NewID in order to make it work.

grazitti_sapna_0-1596775511621.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the Replay.

Perhaps,After loading these Tables in Target, If we want to Join we need  PK,FK relations between these 3 Tables?

EX: Needs a State ID & City ID in CIty DIM to join with Fact.Not sure how to generate these ID's

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello,

See attached. it is based on the sourceData file you provided. The workflow will generate 3 tables or files. DimDate with id that you can use to join to the main table. Also Dim city which include city name and state id. I would imagine you need another lookup table for the state name. You can derive the state table from the workflow if you need. Meanwhile, have a look.

I hope it helps.

Labels