Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx App - Multiple usernames & Password and Constant SQL Query

Eswaran
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I want to make an Alteryx App in which I want to make changes in the username & Password Field not in SQL Query when connecting to the source. Since SQL Query is constant, the same Alteryx app is used by multiple users. SQL Query is constant whoever is using.

How do I achieve this?

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You can use two Text Box tools for users to insert a username and password, and then that would pass through into the connection string you have. Without knowing the connection string it'd be hard to advise any more, but that would ensure their credentials pass through!

Eswaran
8 - Asteroid

Could you please share some sample flow?

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The problem is it highly depends on the database you are connecting to (SQL Server, Snowflake, etc.), how you are connecting to that database (Input Tool vs In-DB or Server connections), what connecting string is created, etc. Here's a very general sample:

Alteryx App - Multiple usernames & Password and Constant SQL Query snap.PNG

Eswaran
8 - Asteroid

Thanks !!!! It Works.!!!!!!!

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Fantastic news!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels