Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alphanumeric - latest value

Baz123
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Trying to get the latest value based on a date.

The data looks like this :

Baz123_0-1681701811392.png

Everything is brought in currently as the default of string. 

What I need to do is to filter out all lines where there are multiple lines of newer dates to get the most recent costs. I can convert numbers to numbers and strip the order_id back to numbers, just don't know how to proceed to get what I need.

For the above, this would mean that records 2,3 and 5 would be returned only.

Any ideas on how to approach this would be great.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Baz123 Add a summarize tool then group by order_id, line_id , and MAX of Date field will give you the desired results 

binuacs_0-1681713236662.png

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

@Baz123 ,

One way of doing this.

Workflow

To properly order by date, you need to convert the data type to DateTime.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1681712522527.png

Output

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1681712544488.png

I hope this matches with your needs.

Baz123
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs - thanks, works as suggested. However as the real data set contains more categories of data I need to retain then the solution by @Yoshiro_Fujimori  was used.

I'm currently still learning, so when using a Summarize tool I need to still need to figure out when to use it, and if / when / how to merge the data after the tool works back into the original dataset

Labels