Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Advanced Certification

Rwebber1991
8 - Asteroid

In the Advanced Certification prep guide it says there is suggested weekly challenges for the various categories covered in the advanced exam but I can't seem to find where these are organized. I know it's probably right under my nose but anyone who can point me towards that resource or have suggestions for how they passed the Advanced cert would be greatly appreciated! 

9 REPLIES 9
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Rwebber1991,

The weekly challenges are located right here:

IraWatt_0-1652042569113.png

Once on the page they also nicely tag them so you can cover a particular area your interested in:

IraWatt_1-1652042634962.png

HTH,

Ira

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

To pass the Advanced exam I think I did around  ~15 intermediate challenges after covering all the videos. Macros were the big change from Core so I'd try having a look at challenges on them. There's quite a good thread here on the topic Solved: Core Certification to Advanced Certification - Alteryx Community  

If you have any questions on the topic make sure to ask :)

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Nice answer, @IraWatt.  

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@Rwebber1991 - my advice would be to do as Ira says in terms of 15 or so challenges and then have a crack at the exam.  If you don't pass first time, you'll quickly realise which areas you need to focus on for the next attempt!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Shifty 100%! I would also mention @Rwebber1991  the exam is very time limited much like the core so pacing is very important 🤠

Rwebber1991
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @IraWatt this gives me a little more focus in my training!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great to hear @Rwebber1991 ! best of luck 🤞

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Good suggestions above for where you can focus your training, but my advice would be to not put off trying for too long and just give it a shot when you can find some free time. The best practise you can get is within the test itself! I personally tried it to just highlight some areas I need to work on, but passed it (with a bit of luck on the macro question I'll admit!). Good luck!

roopmathi
7 - Meteor

I have finished the micro-credentials in Alteryx Designer Core and I am planning to go for the Advanced Certificate next. Iam using the learning path videos as my study material. However, what is the sequence that I need to start learning these tools? 

advanced_cert doubt.png

Labels